Dangerous Dick Durbin is indicative of how far the Congress has degenerated
Obama’s ineligibility: It is time to create a genuine opposition
- Lawrence Sellin Thursday, June 30, 2011
The 2012 election is underway and it will be a street fight, whose outcome will determine if the United States survives as a republic.
It is futile writing to Congress for the redress of grievances. They are only interested in getting elected, not in representing their constituents.
Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) is the Senate Majority Whip, the second highest position in the Democratic Party leadership in the Senate.
To me Dangerous Dick is indicative of how far the Congress has degenerated.
Durbin began the first Senate hearing for the “DREAM Act” (backdoor amnesty) by asking all the illegal immigrants in his audience to stand up. He then says that he sees in them the “future of America, our doctors, our nurses, our engineers, our teachers, our scientists, our soldiers, our congressmen, our senators, and maybe our president.”
Durbin thinks that it is acceptable for an illegal immigrant to become President.
If you recall, it was also Durbin who compared American soldiers to Nazis.
To the untrained eye Durbin may seem like he is either an idiot or insane. He is not.
You see, like his other pals in Congress, Durbin expects to be Senator-for-life along the lines of Haiti’s Baby Doc Duvalier.
Durbin and the Democrats don’t really care about illegal immigrants as future professionals, but as future voters.
By giving illegal immigrants amnesty before the 2012 election, the Democrats believe that they can guarantee an election victory for Obama and regain control of Congress.
Their aim is permanent political power, a one-party state like Robert Mugabe’s Zimbabwe.
And the feeble and impotent Republicans will acquiesce in the hope that they will be the last ones eaten by the crocodile.
Dodgy Diane Feinstein intentionally uses “citizen” and “natural borne citizen” interchangeably in willful deception
Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) continues the Congressional charade regarding Obama’s eligibility to be President by providing the following misleading response to a constituent’s inquiry:
- “Thank you for writing regarding President Barack Obama’s qualifications to be President. I appreciate this opportunity to respond.”
- “Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution specifies the qualifications for this executive office. It states that no person except for a natural born American citizen is eligible to run for President of the United States. Also, the candidate must be at least thirty-five years of age and have resided in the United States for at least fourteen years.”
- “President Obama meets these constitutional requirements. If you were not already aware, on April 27, 2011 the White House released a copy of President Obama’s long form birth certificate. He was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961. According to the Fourteenth Amendment, all persons born in the United States are considered citizens of the United States. Under these criteria, President Obama, a 47-year-old U.S. citizen, who has resided in the United States for longer than fourteen years, is eligible to be President.
Dodgy Diane intentionally uses “citizen” and “natural borne citizen” interchangeably to imply that they mean the same thing. It is willful deception.
We now have a rogue Congress interested only in perpetuating their personal power and privilege.
Do not donate to the Republicans or Democrats in Congress. We must now use all our energies and resources to organize an opposition locally and replace the current Congress with American patriots.
Occasionally a reader will write to me urging caution in opposing Obama:
- “I believe that we can do a lot more to defeat the President and his agenda if we stick to pointing out how wrong his policies are. Harping on the eligibility issue just gives the left more ammo to use to paint us with the kooky brush.”
I agree that we should challenge Obama and the Democrats on their misguided policies, but in a street fight you can be sure that Obama, his union thugs, his powerful leftist financiers and his radical followers will not play by any rules.
And we will be called names like “racist” or “extremists” no matter what we do or say.
Regrettably, our government has declared war on the American people and our Constitution.
We must now remind ourselves of the outnumbered militiamen on Lexington Common the morning of April 19, 1775, the courage they displayed and the fateful words of their commander Captain John Parker:
- “Stand your ground; don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.”
The 2012 election will be crucial. It is now our turn to stand our ground. We are, quite literally, fighting for our lives and our country.
Lawrence Sellin Most recent columns
© Canada Free Press 2011
Lawrence Sellin, Ph.D. is a recently retired colonel with 29 years of service in the US Army Reserve. He is a veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq.
Lawrence Sellin, Ph.D. receives hate mail at firstname.lastname@example.org