7. Tomorrow is my birthday. I turn 75. I believe that I am now playing with house money. More importantly, I own an AR-15 and two pistols with a boatload of ammunition. You see, I have reached the conclusion that the older I get, the less life imprisonment is a deterrent for me and so, when as and if the BLM crew and their acolytes start causing problems for me and my neighbors, they had best be on good terms with the Lord. I tend to fight like I’m the third gorilla trying to catch a ride on Noahs Ark when it is starting to rain!
8. When I was in school, history was a serious subject and we were taught about the American Revolution, the Civil War and slavery, WWII, the growth of our nation from an agrarian society to the industrial society and now, today, the informational society. We learned about American Exceptionalism and the fact that America saved Europe from totalitarianism twice in the twentieth century.
And, in the aftermath of WWII, when the world was in complete turmoil, America went about rebuilding 17 nations of Europe under the Marshall Plan and the entire nation of Japan. I once visited Poland and the infamous Auschwitz Prison Camp where hundreds of thousands of Jews, Poles, Gypsies and Gays were tortured and murdered by the Nazis. Someone asked our guide a question: “why hasn’t this place been burned to the ground, there are such terrible memories here?” The guide responded “that is exactly why. People must know what happened here so that it never happens again.” That is why history and monuments and memorials are so vitally important. History, whether good or bad, needs to be remembered! You cannot erase history, you can only learn from it.
9. Is it a coincidence or a figment of my imagination that all of the American cities with the most violence and destruction of businesses and property are all run by Democrats?
10. I hope everyone in America, Democrat, Republican or Independent remembers how Kamala Harris tried to ruin Brett Kavanaugh’s life and the lives of those in his family. If she is Joe Biden’s choice for Vice President she has an awful lot of explaining to do.
11. If Joe Biden knows how to fix the problems in America, how to solve the racial divide and how to improve the economic well being of Americans, why the hell didn’t he tell Obama when he was Vice President? He had eight years to do it. Isn’t it curious that having spent almost fifty years in government, he suddenly has all the answers? Oh, and by the way, if we have “systemic racism” in America, why didn’t Joe Biden tell Barack Hussein Obama, a black man, to address it and fix it?
12. Here are a few more questions I have:
- Are we being quarantined until there are no more germs left in the world or just until after the election?
- Why is it OK to stand in line at Home Depot, Wal-Mart, and Costco, but it suddenly is not safe to vote in person?
- Can someone explain to me the rationale for the teachers union objecting to teachers returning to work unless (1) police are defunded; (2)There is Medicare for all; (3) all charter and private schools are abolished and (4) 54% of all schools have their ventilation systems improved. How does any of this justify having teachers not report to work?
- When I think of Martin Luther King I try to reflect on the times he led riots in our city streets; burned down businesses; looted stores and tore down statues. Then it dawned on me…MLK never did any of those things. Yet, he changed the world! There must be a lesson in this, don’t you agree?
13. If the U.S. Flag is racist, why did it drape the coffin of Congressman John Lewis? Equally, why did Nancy Pelosi deliver a folded flag to the widow of George Floyd, a convicted criminal?
14. Just saying, but what Coronavirus has taught me is that I can survive without the professional athlete, but I don’t think we can survive without the American soldier.
15. Why did Nancy Pelosi say that it should not be a crime to come to the United States illegally? Am I missing something?
16. Under Obama the H1N1 Virus resulted in 60.8 million infections; there was zero panic level and China was blamed. Fast forward to today,.... there are 4.6 million cases of coronavirus reported; the panic level is one of mass hysteria covered 24/7 by the news cycle and Trump is blamed! Wonder why that is?
17. Many of our young men and women in college or just transitioning to the workplace are of the opinion that socialism is good and, in fact, a better economic system than capitalism. They have been taught this in our colleges and universities but their professors must have been absent on the days they were asked to enumerate those nations where socialism has succeeded. Accepting socialism as an economic system is, in essence, admitting you cannot compete in the real world. You are essentially saying “I am willing to give up my liberty, my religion, my dreams and my property as long as the State (government) commits to taking care of me. Accepting socialism is tantamount to accepting failure even before the challenge is raised. It is the complete opposite of the principles upon which America came into being and which so many have sacrificed their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor to create.
18. Can anyone tell me why the hell you receive a tax refund if you are on welfare? How does that happen?
19. One last remark, just in case you are wondering. I am a firm, dedicated believer in the LGBT Movement: