NEVER TOLERATE TYRANNY!....Conservative voices from the GRASSROOTS.
was written in 2008
if it had been deployed, far and wide then,
would We the People have had a better
class of Representatives and Senators
today? ...even a better President?
"...Repeal of the oppressive Income Tax and replacement of same with a National Sales Tax on goods and services, to be proscribed by statute only, as the first order of business at commencement of each two year session of congress, at a rate not to exceed ten percent; "
Does the 10% clause therein make more sense than
a "PROGRESSIVE" tax?
As I see it, although a flat tax would be very beneficial for "fairness" sake, it would drive the Democrats nuts because they would then have no other way to extort money from us except to raise that "flt tax" to exorbitant highs and even then they would not be satisfied. Tax is truly not the issue: the issue is power over the people, not power of, by and for the people.
This is why taxation should be consumption based, and the government should not be exempted from payment of same. That alone would discourage needless spending. Their share could be applied to payment for unfunded liabilities.
The very fact that it is consumption based enables the citizenry to boycott the government when its policies are clearly unconstitutional.
The inherent threat of boycott would eliminate government's arrogance, and put the government in tune with the will of 'We the People', without the need to demonstrate in the streets.
After living my entire 70 years being bothered by the current tax code and taxing system, I'm ALL FOR a flat tax.
Annette makes an excellent point ie: the Washington politicians would have no way to show favoritism other than to raise the tax rate which would be much more obvious than the way they can hide taxation under the current system.
Of course even a flat taxation system can be "bugged" by our specially morally challenged Washington elites!
Careful what you wish for!
Take a look at 2012 European tax rates:
United Kingdom: Income Tax: 50%, VAT (Value Added or flat/consumption tax): 17.5% TOTAL: 67.5%
Germany: Income Tax: 45% VAT: 19% TOTAL: 64%
France: Income Tax: 40% VAT: 19.6% TOTAL: 59.6% (and we know it has increased with Prez. Hollande, Actor Gerard Depardieux has become a Russian citizen)
Greece: Income Tax: 40% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 65%
Spain: Income Tax: 45% VAT: 16% TOTAL: 61%
Portugal: Income Tax: 42% VAT: 20% TOTAL: 62%
Sweden: Income Tax: 55% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 80%
Norway: Income Tax: 54.3% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 79.3%
Netherlands: Income Tax: 52% VAT: 19% TOTAL: 71%
Denmark: Income Tax: 58% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 83%
Finland: Income Tax: 53% VAT: 22% TOTAL: 75%
If you’ve started to wonder what the real costs of “socialism” are going to be, once the full program in these United States hits your wallet, take a look at the table. As you digest these mind-boggling figures, keep in mind that in spite of these astronomical tax rates, these countries are still not financing their social welfare programs exclusively from tax revenues! They are deeply mired in public debt of gargantuan proportions. Greece has reached the point where its debt is so huge it is in imminent danger of defaulting. That is the reason the European economic community has intervened to bail them out. If you’re following the financial news, you know Spain and Portugal are right behind Greece .
The United States is now heading right down the same path. The “VAT” tax in the table is the national sales tax that Europeans pay. Stay tuned because that is exactly what you can expect to see the administration proposing after the fall elections. The initial percentage in the United States isn’t going to be anywhere near the outrageous numbers you now see in Europe . Guess what, the current outrageous numbers in Europe didn’t start out as outrageous either. They started out as minuscule—right around the 1% or 2% where they will start out in the United States . Magically however, they ran up over the years to where they are now. Expect the same thing here.
REPEAL OF THE OPPRESSIVE INCOME TAX...
& National Sales Tax
"...at a rate not to exceed ten percent;"
social welfare programs are not constitutional at the federal level
(see item ONE of the declaration)
The "General Welfare" clause
was never intended to justify
Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
One generation should not have the power
to enslave, or bind future generations
to financial obligations incurred
by past generations.
The Constitution clearly states
"...to ensure the blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity"
That phrase alone should also have the effect
of prohibiting abortions of our Posterity,
at the very dawn of their worldly existance, their 'being'.
That is why people are considered as "Human Beings".
© 2023 Created by Your Uncle Sam. Powered by